Looking for a product/service? Whatever you are looking for - please consider searching here. The small amount of income generated from searches goes to the running and promoting of Philip's Disabled Help. Thanks!
Google

Sunday 15 April 2007

I fed my nuts to a group of squirrels!

Went out for a lovely trip around my local park in my shiny wheelchair this afternoon - damn fine weather we're having at the moment.

There's quite a lot of wildlife so my better half and I took a bag of monkey nuts.

Well, I've never seen so many squirrels; at one time there must have been around 9 or 10 happily scoffing the nuts we threw to them. There was even a pair of jays which occasionally swooped in to pinch the nuts.

There's even a disabled squirrel in the park - the poor thing is missing a tail. I wonder if he gets DLA????

Other wildlife - robins, ducks, blackbirds, blue tits, great tits, pigeons, crows, sheep, a lama, a rabbit and deer (there is a small 'zoo').

So, had a lovely time. Isn't spring great!!

No comments: