Looking for a product/service? Whatever you are looking for - please consider searching here. The small amount of income generated from searches goes to the running and promoting of Philip's Disabled Help. Thanks!
Google

Sunday 1 April 2007

A bit about me

I was born in Middlesbrough in 1967 – for those that have never heard of the place it is located in the North East of England.

I had a happy childhood, went to school, got a job as a civil engineering assistant, went to college and passed a few exams. I have been doing the same job ever since although I have been on sick leave for nearly three years (luckily I have a great employer who is keeping my job open – thanks to Mouchel Parkman management!!)

Well, everything was going well until the 27th January 2003. I woke up as normal but suddenly had the mother-of-all-headaches – OW!! I was rushed to hospital where I was diagnosed with a sub-arachnoid brain haemorrhage (just what you want on a Monday morning – not!)

The story gets quite complicated but basically I spent the next eight months in hospital – thanks to the wonderful doctors and nurses for all the needles, poking a prodding! I developed septicaemia, MRSA, blood clots, pressure sores and lost the use of my right leg.

Finally, I was discharged in September 2003 and then spent two years trying to get my pressure sores (right foot) to heal.

They didn't heal!!!

I had a below-knee amputation on the 14th November 2005 and the rest is history.

That's enough about me – exciting, wasn't it!!

No comments: